t25 in the 12s

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 01:41:06 -0500

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 11:45:58AM -0500, Brandon Fujishige wrote:

> >I stand by my (Steve's) Question of SE-R Horsepower vs. ET:

> > "Why can a 240-WHP, N2O-equipped car do 12s, but a 250-WHP, T25-
> > equipped car can't?"

> Generally, a N2O car would have more area under the horsepower curve.  This
> would equate to a better ET.

I'll accept that.  You should see these curves, though.  It's pretty
clear from looking at the numbers that the fuel system is the weakest
link in Steve's chain.  The band goes up to something like 257, then
plataeus (kain't speel) at 253 and carries out up around mid-6k, where
it falls again.  Pretty damned fat, though I don't know what an N2O
SR20's curve looks like.

--
-=|JP|=-               Cheap, Fast, Reliable; Pick any Two.

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |