Oh Joy... More car troubles (clutch)

Mike Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:22:55 -0500

> Wrong!!!!!  Jamie Farrer is using the JWT Twin Disc setup.  ACT
> has to high a shock value.  If you like your transmission I
> wouldn't bother.  Ask Daryl Gregg he broke 2 trannies with only
> 140ish whp.
Seems like a ONE off product they made and never accutally told anyone about
it.... Probably costs about 1300 bux for the clutch and flywheel. There are
DSMs ruing 10s and 9s with off th shelf ACT clutches. And they don't cost
anywhere close to 1000 bux for a clutch. My beef with them is...its too
expensive for what U get. Do I spend 325 bux for a modified stock
PPlate...or 188 bux for a ACT Xtreme PPlate ? U tell me which one would U
choose. Xtreme has 125% more clamping power over stock according to the ACT
rep I talked to on the phone...vs 40% more for JWT clutch. This is why their
clutches are not as "grabby" as ACTs.
Mike Jez
01 Maxima w/ ACT clutch installing tomorrow, going racing this Sunday-
enough time to break in the new clutch.
93 SE-R going in for paint next week- Vigen Blue, SSR Comp wheels yadie
yadie yadda...all bolt ons.. shooting for 13s NA with JDM engine on stock
cams.