Avanti - OT

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:05:03 -0500

Brian wrote:

 Turns out Avanti Co goes
> and buys a new T/A at a dealership, strips the body off and puts their own
> body on kinda like a kit car. It has all T/A mechanicals, chassis and
> interior although they replace the T/A emblems inside with Avanti emblems.

Yep, this is the 6th recreation of the Avanti corp.  They have gone bankrupt
that many times, but there always seems to be some enthusiast who buy the
rights to those ugly things and starts building them again.
I do know that with the T/A going away next year, Avanti Co. is looking at a
new platform to build on, which might be something that is significantly
less mass produced....
This is pretty off-topic...

Hey, remember the chat list?

Tim Rogers