Resonator

Lee Combs sr20depower@yahoo.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:11:12 -0500

Please excuse the double post...I originally sent this
to the Deals List, not the regualr list. Pardon my
ignorance...

Basically I now have a HS header and the exhaust is
somewhat louder. Not raspy or anythings (same note)
just louder than I care for. I have the stock catback
with the OEM resonator and a 3A Racing (straight thru
desing with perforated core and dual tip) muffler.

I'm thinking 3 options here. before I go into the 3
options let me tell you my current mods. I have a CAI,
header and muffler as my power mods. It is somewhat
doubtful that I would be getting cams any time soon or
doing any headwork. (unless a pile of money falls into
my lap like a drunk stripper) with that said, here's
what i'm thinking...

1. Stromung catback (less the $350 muffler...basically
the intermediate pipe with a 24" resonator, O2 bung
and extra flange for my OEM or 3A muffler.)

2. a weld in resonator

3. Put OEM muffler back on.

4. Combination of 2 and 3.

In looking for resonators for my B15, it seems that
each company (obviously) thinks they are the best.
What do you guys think? I am looking at a 24"
perforated core resonator to quiet down my exhaust
after my header install. (4" OD)

Assuming the resonators I am looking at are all
perforated cores, (not baffled)s a resonator a
resonator? Is there that much difference between a
Thrush and a Walker or any type you would get from
Summit Racing or from a local Midas or even Pep Boys?

TIA

Lee