Bad crank pulley bearings?

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 11:55:01 -0500

> Crank pulley is making an awful lot of noise (metal
> on metal sound) & is
> wobbling at idle. I've been told it's the bearings.

***The crank pulley does not have bearings. It is
highly possible that the rubber ring that is embedded
into the pulley has separated and now the outer part
of the pulley is free to spin independent of the inner
part of the pulley.

Turn the crank pulley with a 27mm socket and see if
the whole pulley rotates or if just the inner part
turns. If it is separated, then you will need a new
crank pulley.

By the way, I have seen this happen twice before with
SR20DEs.

Good luck,

=====
Jay Whitely