Egr and Fubar

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 21:48:45 -0500

That actually went pretty well... thanks George. Removed the
distributor(after marking it), even thought about using Wayne Cox's trick...
but I'll save that for if/when I do the advanced timing. Then proceeded to
remove everything that was in the way of access to that big ass nut. There
was enough rust(?) on this bolt to make up for the lack of any anywhere
else. I blasted it with pb spray, let it sit, then went after the nut. Still
a tight place to work in, though. Wouldn't come lose... sprayed some more
blaster on it and tried again. This went on for half an hour. Finally
decided that my trusty vise grips were not going to allow me enough torque
in these quarters, plus the nut seems to be sealed pretty tight with some
sort of rust or mineral. Sprayed it one more time with some blaster, then
put everything back together.

No, I didn't get the EGR tube off, but you know something, I don't mind.
This allowed me to dig into some areas of the engine that I haven't yet. I
could actually see some of the other things I would have to remove in order
to to snake the tube out of there and got some hands on experience as I
went. I'll tackle this again at the next best opportunity. This will give
the blaster a bit more time to loosen stuff and me some time to find a
better tool(hint hint) to use on the bolt.

This was not a lost cause by any means and it was really fun... actually
felt like I was accomplishing something. I took my time, had fun, and didn't
get frustrated at all. Looking forward to doing it again!

Thanks for everybody's help, and as always, suggestions and information are
always welcome.

Later,
Mark

PS. George, you really are a good guy... despite the King Turd title.
Ssssshhhhh.... I won't tell anyone