Radio Antenna

Brent Meints mein3@fsuimail.ferris.edu
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 08:19:30 -0500

To check continuity of the wire and antenna all you have to do is get a
lead of the multi9meter on each end of the wire (here being wire and
antenna) and check OHMS.  Use a lower setting like 1 OHM range or so.  A
break somewhere will give you an OPEN and you will have an overload or
infinity symbol on the screen of the multimeter.  A continuous line will
show almost 0 resistence.  If the resistance is anything over half an
ohm there is a problem somewhere (bad contacts or corrosion).  You can
run the checks over different sections to troubleshoot down to the bad
part if there is one.  I would think that it is fine though.

Brent Meints