Radio advice needed

Jon Davis jfdavis@epix.net
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 01:24:03 -0500

Mike Jez wrote:

> IMHO I would just get a Alpine head unit....kinda biased towards
> those...

I used to be biased toward Alpine too... I have 4 Alpine head units and 2
amps. Their stuff was excellent until 2 or 3 years ago when they cut the
cost out of everything they make, moved their production from Japan to China
and they started making low-level stuff for sale in Circuit City. I noticed
a marked decrease in sound quality, build quality and tuner reception. I
have had problems with all the newer stuff I bought from them. I had to send
one back twice under warranty... at first they sent me back someone else's
reman junk. When that unit didn't work (and I got plenty pissed off) they
gave me something new. That's what you get for $400?!? No thanks.

Jon Davis