need tips on slicks

NX 2000 nx2ked@hotmail.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 20:06:55 -0500

You never told what size the slicks are.
Since you said they are from a mustang, I venture to guess they are 15 inch
tires.  And since you say you need a 7" rim, I'd venture to guess they are
pretty wide.
If these guesses are accurate, then it'd be safe to say you do not have
enough power to maximize the potential of these slicks.
I know in the archieves, Louis Anaya and Jay Hassinger both have talked
about slicks, sizing for power, and how to use them.
I recall Jay saying with slicks, he did not have violent launches.  They
were silk as smooth.
I used 14 inch BFG R1's autocross tires and at 14 psi's I pulled 2.015 60
ft'er with a basically stock NX2000.
With 15 inch 032's and 15 psi's I snapped the passenger side axle.
My friend with 15 inch W10's and 20 psi's snapped his driver side axle.
He also snapped the passenger side axle when he used 16 inch T1S'.
Also, try checking the SE-R archieves and SE-R.net

Hope this helped.

Edwen