need tips on slicks

sean mcmahon badahab@yahoo.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 19:51:46 -0500

Hey guys I just got slicks for my 97 se-r.  I was wondering if anyone could
throw out a few experienced tips on what im in for or what I need to worry
about.  I know I need at least a 7" rim for them, and I need tubes.  They are
micky thompson slicks that a mustang friend cant use anymore.  My car is for
the most part stock.  I have a ghetto chop box intake and advanced timming,
thats all for power.  I have front and rear stb's rear sway and front control
arm brace.  My clutch dosent slip but its not a brand new fancy pants clutch.
I do have es motor mounts on the torq sides, not the other two.  Ive got 112
miles on my baby.... are slicks just gonna break things... what can I do to
help prevent breaking things?  Ive been reading around about launching and
heating the tires and what not... so i think Ive got the right idea on that.
Im the only one in topeka kansas thats running slicks on fwd so no one localy
with any advice.  All my rwd buddies think im gonna break half shafts or
something like that.  Ive proably had 20 people ask "are you gonna put them on
the front"....

-sean