Interesting OBD-II issues

Brax Sisco xenex@chpl.net
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 00:04:29 -0500

<Not specifically SE-R related>

Just came across a couple of articles on a possible bill being
legislated that would require car manufacturers to release info on how
to pull and interpret diagnostic codes.  The URLs are:

and

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/ptech/06/24/diagnosing.cars.ap/index.html

When I installed my HS header, my Haynes manual was helpful in
identifying and clearing an O2 sensor code.  The Haynes book seems to
have a comprehensive list of codes, I thought.  I never knew this was a
problem, I figured that the codes were readily available thru available
FSM's, Haynes books, or on the net.

Interesting articles, nonetheless.

  Brax Sisco

P.S.

  Who is in charge of updating the se-r.net site?  Anyone?  I wrote an
article and posted a link to it recently.  I hoped it would be helpful,
and offer it for posting on the site.  It's even HTML-ready for
posting.  If there is a particular person I should notify, who might
that be?

[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Chapel Declude Virus Scan]