QR25DE oil consumption

JOSH GARY ewraven@hotmail.com
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:29:26 -0500

I've had my Spec V since 9 November.  I put Mobil 1 in it at 2800 miles.  I
burned a fourth of a quart of oil at around 5500 miles while on a 600 mile
trip.  I've now got 9700 miles and haven't used a drop.  I've gotten a best
of 31mpg(twice) while on the highway.  I drive the car pretty hard too; just
like I've always driven Nissans in the past.  One thing to note though; my
Sentra was broken in pretty hard.  It had 52 miles on it when I got it from
the dealer.  And over the next two days; I drove it 600 miles on a trip up
to Memphis from Austin.

Someone mentioned the VE30DE?? not being a good engine; wasn't that the
190hp engine in the 92-93 Maxima SE?  If so, my mother bought a 92 Maxima SE
demo that had 5000 miles on it from Courtesy Nissan back in November of 92.
My aunt bought that car from her at 100k miles and it now has 190k miles on
it.  It has never used a drop of oil.  Besides routine maintenance and a new
variable timing device; that thing has never had any problems.  It drives
like it was brand new.  Maybe the 92 Maxima SE had the VG30 in it; or was
that the 222 horsepower engine in the 300ZX?  Maybe I got my engines mixed
up; I was 17 back then and tried to keep up with Nissans at the time.  But,
that was ten years ago.

Joshua
2002 Spec V
98 Frontier