Hotshot turbo kit, non se-r, just kibble

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:56:08 -0500

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 01:05:40PM -0500, Bruce_Hearn@cd-tech.com wrote:

> Signal-to-noise ration is about 1:5, but hey, it's a free list, what do you
> expect?

Indeed.  I have no idea why the hell you found so much information vs.
what I found using pretty much the same criteria a few months ago.
Maybe it's Old Timer Juju? ;)

> >... noticed that Geo said Kojima had a good method that was documented.

> I'm not sure what you mean here.  The only "method" of which I'm aware is
> selecting the proper gear.

There's supposed to be more to it than that, such as watching the
coolant temps, watching data from other sensors that may make the dyno
data unusable.  At least, that's what Geo inferred...

> speedometer cutoff), I assume B15s also have 105 mph cutoff.  You want to dyno

Actually (waaaay off-topic), I'm not aware of any governor on any B15
from the XE through the SE, though they may have implemented on on the
SE-R, but nobody's proven it.  Maybe that's the key; none of us have
enough horsepower to pull our porkers up to the limits that were set.

> >but unless you've actually looked and found what you're after
> >by doing the same, don't give a new guy crap assuming that he didn't.

> Why should I do his/her work?  I'm quite willing to assist (see above) if

Didn't say that.  But if you hadn't searched for it yourself, you don't
have much liberty to say "Check the archives," because you haven't done
it yourself.  I'm not telling you to stop handing out non-first-hand
advice, either.

> I don't feel I "tapped them a new bunghole"

It felt like it.  Maybe that was just what *I* felt like, also
accounting for Geo's comments.

> A lot of very knowledgeable SE-R people no longer read this list because
> they get tired of "Who makes the best header and who sells it the
> cheapest?" kind of questions.

It is a shame.  Like you said, though, it's a free (like free beer and
like free speech and like free country) list.

--
-=|JP|=-               Good, Fast, Cheap; Pick any Two.

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |