Hotshot turbo kit, non se-r, just kibble

Bruce_Hearn@cd-tech.com Bruce_Hearn@cd-tech.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:05:40 -0500

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 10:31:06AM -0500, Bruce_Hearn@cd-tech.com wrote:

>>> Sadly enough, nothing showed up about the Hotshot kit.

>> You must not have used the appropriate search criteria.

>You know, Bruce, this is a touchy subject, particularly the Hot Shot
>turbo kit.  You'd be amazed at how much information there *isn't* in the
>archives.  Hot Shot, Hotshot, HS, HottShott, lots of variatons,
>virtually no returns on the turbo setup; it sucks.

>IOW, lead by example.

>From the old archives (at http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/)
searched on "owner-se-r-reflective, hotshot turbo kit"

Here are a few pertinent hits from the first 60 of 370 returns:
http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/1998/1998-07/msg00525.html
http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/1998/1998-07/msg00563.html
http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/1998/1998-07/msg00101.html
http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/1998/1998-10/msg00594.html
http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/1998/1998-10/msg00702.html

Signal-to-noise ration is about 1:5, but hey, it's a free list, what do you
expect?

>... noticed that Geo said Kojima had a good method that was documented.

I'm not sure what you mean here.  The only "method" of which I'm aware is
selecting the proper gear.  I recall that discussion but couldn't find it by
using "owner-se-r-reflective, dyno procedure" or "owner-se-r-reflective, dyno
procedure kojima".  To wit, B13s are dynoed in 4th, B14s in 3rd (to avoid
speedometer cutoff), I assume B15s also have 105 mph cutoff.  You want to dyno
using a transmission gear ratio that's closest to 1:1.  Obviously the discussion
occured under a different message header and way down in the text.  The search
engine looks primarily at the top of the message for matching words.

>I think that "check the archives" is a reasonable response...

Correct.

>but unless you've actually looked and found what you're after
>by doing the same, don't give a new guy crap assuming that he didn't.

Why should I do his/her work?  I'm quite willing to assist (see above) if
they're having difficulty in finding information, but damn, only **AFTER** they
show that they've put some effort into it.

>rather than immediately tapping them a new bunghole.

I don't feel I "tapped them a new bunghole"  I even provided the link to the old
archive.  I just expressed the common feeling of old-time list members that
they've spent lots of time answering stuff, please check the archives FIRST.  A
lot of very knowledgeable SE-R people no longer read this list because they get
tired of "Who makes the best header and who sells it the cheapest?" kind of
questions.  You will find several posts like this in the archives, too.

Bruce in Houston
Hey, where's the new archive search engine?