SCC=Idiots?

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 12:40:52 -0500

Eric, <Sentras@webtv.net> wrote:

>      Has anyone glanced through the August issue of SCC? I would like to
>know what the purpose is in destroying a perfectly good B15 Sentra SE to
>see how fast the B15 frame can run the 1/4 mile?

Looks like you missed the big picture here Eric.

>These guys must be idiots, right?

No, I don't think so.  In fact, I look forward to reading the article.  It
sounds clever and they did something pretty unique.

>I don't know what purpose this serves

Correct.  You missed the point.  I haven't read it yet, but from my glance
at it, I'm assuming they were trying to quantify the effect of mass
(weight) on the acceleration of the car.

I can do the math.  A lot of people are afraid of math.  So, they drew some
pictures for folks who can't or won't do the math. :-)

>I just hate to see our cars treated like garbage.

You'd probably freak at what Nissan does to them.

>Yes, I did read the waste of space and still don't know what this
>accomplishes because I know that no one in their right mind would do
>this.

And, once again, it's....  Oh never mind.  I've told you already.

>By the way, I'm not calling everyone who contributes articles to
>SCC idiots at all, just the rocket scientists that conjured up this
>"brilliant" idea.

I think it *is* a brilliant idea.

YMMV

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>