SCC=Idiots?

David Evans david@b15sentra.net
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 12:30:25 -0500

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 12:15:30PM -0500, Sentras@webtv.net wrote:
>      Has anyone glanced through the August issue of SCC? I would like to
> know what the purpose is in destroying a perfectly good B15 Sentra SE to
> see how fast the B15 frame can run the 1/4 mile? These guys must be
> idiots, right?

<snip>

Do you always jump before you look?

Maybe a better way to approach this would be asking why they did that instead
of automatically calling them idiots.

The reason they did that was because that was a crush only pre-production
car.  Unfortunately the way the laws in the US work, they make auto
manufactures crush most pre-production cars.  That was one of those.  Instead
of just crushing it they decided to do something fun with it.  The article
shows you that you don't need horsepower to go faster and that with significant
weight reduction a car can go much faster.

	-=david