tranny swap issues

Ken Steele ken3@chorus.net
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:48:58 -0500

I just swapped out my '94 tranny for a '95 tranny with only 33K on it. (5th
gear issues and leaking switches)In the process of the swap (clutch, motor
mounts and 9 lb flywheel as well as tranny) I noticed a couple of problems not
in the archives. What is the electrical connector on the front of the
tranny?--I have nothing to hook up to it. The other is the connecting plug on
the speedo unit. While they look similar, they are in fact not. Both trannys
have electrical units. Any suggestions? The dealer says "how about a new
harness?"