Weak brakes, need help

Koerner, Ray RKoerner@Microcoating.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 10:43:06 -0500

I have noticed it for a few months but it has become increasingly worse(no
job or money to fix) till now. So it goes like this, if I jump on the brakes
the pedal goes pretty far to the floor, and sometimes the abs kicks in,
sometimes it doesnt. The thing I do not understand is that I just bleeded my
brakes properly last weekend when I replaced the bearing, yet after I few
days they are soft again. My pads are fine with 90% pad left. I do have 2
grooves in the driverside rotor, this was due to the cotter pin breaking
allowing the bolt to slip out a few threads.(lucky wheel didnt fall off). I
have checked the FAQ, so now I am  wondering if anyone else has weak brakes
on a 96 SE-R, probable solutions, or upgrades. The only thing I can figure
out is it might be something with the abs, if I pull the fuse for them is it
safe to run without them, I mean i know people disconnect abs for road
races, and someone also suggested pulling the relays for them. I wouldn't
ask but it is becoming dangerously ridiculous to stop! there are no upgrades
on my brakes also

Thanks for any help in advance,

Ray Koerner