Kuhmo ESCTA 712 & Bridgestone RE730 - followup part 2.

David Chien chiendh@uci.edu
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 14:00:10 -0500

Well, quite is defintely relative here.  RE91's are louder than RE730s
which are louder than 712's.  And that's what I've used thus far after
getting my 205/15 rims.  (thankfully, most of these wear through so
quickly, I don't have to wait long before trying out a new set =)

Cushiness and softness follows the same above.  Again, haven't tried
anything else, so there you go.

But all of these are 'loud'.  You'll definitely be cranking up the
stereo a bit, and talking at 70+mph is strained.  Most of this from the
lack of proper sound insulation in the Sentras in general (then again,
they're not Lexus'....).

The 712's are just under the 'not nice ride' threshold.  The 730's are
on the  threshold, the RE91's are above when doing long 405 freeway
commutes.  Short runs are fine at lower speeds, where they all quieten
up a bit.  Keep them all under 60mph and they're decent, above that,
sound levels jumps fast once you get to 70mph, then 80mph, then 90+.

(at least you'll know how fast you're going blind ;)