Kuhmo ESCTA 712 & Bridgestone RE730 - followup part 2.

Ben Davis bendavis@sr20deforum.com
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:39:25 -0500

It's amazing to me to hear the 712s called "cushy and quiet." They are, by
far, the LOUDEST tires I've ever had. Alex Samardzich on this list who owns
a B18C equipped 95 Civic EX with a worn out Greddy exhaust that requires you
nearly to shout at each other at 80mph drove my car with the 712s on them
and thought he was going to go deaf they were so loud. The person I sold my
NX2000 to with the 712s on them has only 20% of his hearing left. He can't
really "hear" the tires, but the harshness and vibration of them on the road
bothers him. From that he can tell that they are "loud!" He called or
emailed me and said that he knows I told him the tires were loud and he
didn't think he would be affected by them, but even with his lack of hearing
they actually do bother him. :)

I have driven in cars with RE730s, but I don't recall the amount of tire
noise, so I can't really speak for that end. But if you are looking for a
quiet ride, do NOT get the 712s. Going back to driving my 98 SE with the
stock Goodyear Eagle RSAs on there it sounds like I'm driving a Cadillac.

Ben Davis
98 Sentra SE, 80k stock
91 Celica ST, 409k, perfect compression
93 Metro SE-R in the works