MAF nightmare, RD 2. (short)

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Fri, 31 May 2002 07:50:43 -0500

Update 8:49a EST:

Tested the voltage on the white wire again, now 13mv alone - probably why
the car barely idles.

When I put my new (grounded to the intake manifold) 10gauge ground wire on
it, the voltage drops to -3 to -4v, not MV, and neg, not positive.

The car runs great at that point, for about 3-5 seconds, spins smoothly up
to 1500 or so, and dies.

I'm going to try regrounding with another 16 gauge wire now, to see if I can
get the proper voltage reading off pin 2 of the MAF harness connector, I
hope I'm chasing the right (tame) goose.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.