Motor Mounts

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 23:31:11 -0500

Aye, I figured those were the two high torque areas. You know, I'm kind of
beating myself to death over this. Part of the fun I was looking for when I
bought the car was to gain the experience... good and bad. I'm just going to
have to be careful that whenever I do make a mistake or error in judgement,
that it won't "kill" the car. I guess I'll be one of those people who try
this and that to get a better understanding and more experience.

Of course, from the time of my last post, I've discovered the option of
pouring my own mounts. I'm guessing that those are not for the high torque
areas. Told you I was a total poo head when it came to research... I just
don't know when to stop. Since it won't get done this weekend, I've got some
more time to research... and of course ask questions. My next project after
this is to adjust the clutch... gonna tighten the cable some. Seems to be
engaging a bit low, and have to go almost all the way to the floor. Clutch
is grabbing just fine though.

Anyway, I like your advice, George. Plus, you're a hoot(I'm an old guy, I'm
allowed to say that). Got lots of things I'll want to upgrade as time goes
on. But, will only do so when the current parts need replacing... hate
throwing out things that still work. When the clutch goes, will get a
"stronger" grabbing one, and a lighter flywheel. When the tires need
replacing, will buy lighter wheels... and so on. Getting the picture?

That's right, I'm probably going to be asking lots of questions in the
future and in years to come.

Ebay, eh? Think I'll head over there now. Who knows, all my stubborness and
research found me a damn nice car(Veil White '91, original owner, only 56k
and in immaculate condition).

And George, thanks again. You've been a big, big help.

Later,
Mark

PS. What's wrong with tiny nuts? Haven't you ever heard the expression,
"More than a mouthful's a waste"? Oh wait, I think that was for another body
part... they come in a pair, also.