SR20DE.net

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 29 May 2002 09:43:53 -0500

JFormantes@aol.com wrote:

>I was browsing the internet and looking for How to rebuild engines...

Have you looked at my site?  It's not totally step by step, but it has lots of
little info that is not in the FSM and otherwise, the FSM has the info you
need.  It's not rocket science.  There are just some little tricks, but it's
more straight-forward than you might think.

>check this out it has a lot of pictures.....sorry to say it's from Honda
>people...

> http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto.html

Nice site.  I'll have to browse it more later when I get home.

>I wish SR20DE.net webmasters would do the same setup and infos for our SRs

I'm sure the editors will put up your step by step how-to that you will
photograph and write up when you do your rebuild.  I look forward to it.

There are a lot of personal sites in the SR20 community with a lot of
excellent how-to info.  Start with the web-ring.  Also, a lot of that info is
in SE-R.net as it relates to the SR20.  It just doesn't have a lot of photos
to go with it.

I agree that SE-R.net isn't being updated very much anymore.  But, it's still
one of the best model based enthusiast sites out there.  One of the guys on
the Porsche 944 list was *very* impressed.  I think a lot of the folks
involved with SE-R.net have been putting effort into some other projects for
the last couple of years.  I've seen these folks making *huge* contributions
to Sentra.net and Nissan Performance Magazine.  They are also excellent
resources and don't forget to check them.  Anyway, these folks only have so
much time.  I'm sure the editors would be happy to load any publication ready
articles that they don't have to do a lot of work on.  The community is
responsible for itself and if the community doesn't submit material, it's not
the editor's responsiblity to provide it necessarily - especially when they
are involved with other projects as well.

So, for those complaining about the lack of new content, try preparing and
submitting some new quality content.  Don't expect others to do all the work.
BTW, I am writing this to the community as a whole, and not to anyone in
particular.

George Roffe