The Nylon tubing 'solution'

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 13:46:07 -0500

>Actually, the nylon line isn't all that bad.

Nylon can crimp. I wouldn't use it for a boost gauge, I have a local guy with
a blown engine that can tell you all about that.

Also, someone else in a later thread mentioned copper tubing. Same thing but
worse.

>FWIW, I would be inclined to use SS braided lines

These are great, and highly recommended. The only caveat is that braded
stainless lines will chew through damn near anything in the engine
compartment. AC lines (guilty) wiring harnesses, heater hoses (guilty), stuff
like that. What I always do is install braided lines, then cover them in
appropriately sized heater hose closed with zip ties. Doesn't look as pretty,
but it protects the rest of the stuff in your engine bay from the protective
hoses.:)

Examples here:

http://www.nx2k.com/eclipse/fuelsystem.htm

-Jay