Royal Purple!!

flyryd flyryd@cox.net
Tue, 21 May 2002 11:20:22 -0500

I am using it as well...nice smooth shifts...no grind whatsoever....I also
know that Ben B. used it in the 10 sec rocket...as well as a few other local
turbo guys are using both the motor and gear oils...
For what it is worth to you..I called RP tech..I was speaking with one of
their engineers, who said that to get to GL-5 spec manufacturers use an
aditive that can be corrosive to yellow metals. He then stated that to gain
GL-5 specs, RP uses a different additive that is not corrosive.(Synerlec) He
stated this is why it can be used for GL-4 and GL-5 applications. He stated
these facts without telling him what car I drive..just asking if RP is
corrosive in GL-5. Again..take this for what it is worth.call them if you
need to. I will continue to use it.

Brad B. Phx  AZ
'96 200sx SE-R(w/ this 'n' that)
'01 Altima GXE LE