16" or 17" wheels on Classic SE-R?

Dave debunk606@attbi.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 23:40:57 -0500

Hi,

I'm looking to get new wheels on my 92 SE-R and want to go larger than
the 195/15/50's I have on right now.  What I want to avoid is the tire
rub on road bumps.  Does anyone have personal experience and/or know of
offset + wheel/tire sizes to pull of a 16" or if even possibly a 17"
package?  I do have the car lowered on Tokico struts and lowered
springs.  Here is a picture of it to get an idea of wheel clearance.
http://www21.brinkster.com/debunk/sentra/219.jpg

It just seems to me that the first generation SE-R's can't house a large
wheel.  They came 14" wheels from the factory.

This is my 3rd SE-R I've owned.  On a previous one, I had 195/16/40 but
I'm not sure what the offset was.  The rear would rub on dips in the
road, but hopefully someone can help me with that.

thanks,

dave