Drag Tire!!!! Spare Tire?

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Thu, 16 May 2002 13:17:16 -0500

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 04:04:44AM -0500, Christopher Seabert wrote:

> drag radials. I came upon a message that the guy was asking if anyone used
> two spare tires on the rear of our cars to cut down on drag.  OMG I was

This isn't a great idea.  The theory works, and I'm all for using steel
wheels, but you really need real drag tires, like a Mickey Thompson
Front Runner (I think that's M/T, anyway...maybe I have my brands
confused).  Who knows what happens when you get those suckers hot, or
even how hot they'll get after a sprint to more than double their rated
speed?

> laughing my ass off :) Anyways I just got my new SCC mag and they had that
> drag test with a 98 sentra se that had a turbo.  Two thumbs up for that and

Um, D/P is quite a bit newer than '98. ;)  I think it's an '00, which
would only make sense, since that was the first year of that body...

--
-=|JP|=-              Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |