New Maxima caught!

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Wed, 15 May 2002 13:41:58 -0500

> It's going to be interesting to watch how Nissan straddles the market
> and> price space between the Altima top end and the G35 low end.

Well, I don't think there will be too much confusion.  The Altima is sporty,
but I think the G35 is meant to be a sports sedan (as it is to compete with the
3-series and IS 300, A4, etc).  Plus, the G35 is RWD which tells of its more
sporting nature.  The Altima was just designed to romp on Accords and Camrys.
Your everyday FWD sedan which just happens to be able to run 14's.

The Max is moving upsize, so it won't be near the same market as the Altima
anymore.

Khiem