My Dyno Numbers

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Tue, 7 May 2002 15:50:30 -0500

Some have asked me what my setup is.  And the amount of boost, etc.

98 Sentra SE with JWT S3 Cams, GTi-R Manifold and turbo.
T04B compressor housing. Manifold, Turbine Housing, Exhaust
elbow extrude honed and swain coated. Fmax intercooler and piping.
Greddy cat back exhaust, Greddy BOV, Blitz SBC boost controller,
Cobra MAF, JWT fuel rail, MSD 50lb/hr injectors, Cobra POP,
VDO guages. I also have 3bar turbo program with water injection.
The water injection isn't hooked up yet.

I dynoed the car in 4th gear at 14psi on 93 Octane pump gas. This
was my 4th pull. The first pull was similar to this one. The 2nd and
3rd pulls dropped about 30-40hp beacause they were back to back runs
w/o a fan blowing on the intercooler and no cool down time. The 4th
pull we waited 15 minutes and had a fan blowing on the IC the whole
time. All the pulls were done with the water injection map turned
on with no water spraying. I didn't realize it was on.

As you can see from the dyno:
http://www.epix.net/~sr20de/pics/se/turbodyno.jpg

The HP curve is very much like an NA car.  Boost starts building
around 2000 rpms and 14psi is reached at 3500 rpms.  When the car
is at 4000rpms stepping on the gas the boost goes right
to 14psi.  The power drops off after 6000rpms but I've found its
better to shift around 7000rpms because it puts me at around the
same HP after the shift and I'm quickly making more power.

RK