JWT ECU w/S3s idle question

Viola Armstrong yesous2@earthlink.net
Sat, 4 May 2002 17:36:34 -0500

 When I push the clutch in, the idle
> drops to 500rpm, bounches back to around 1000rpm, drops back to ~700rpm,
> then settles at 1100rpm.

I have the JWT MM so I left my idle @ a tad above 1K. It shakes allot less
violent. It will not idle below 950 anyway with S3 program.

 Any thoughts? The stock ECU did not do this.

Very true. I have my ECU being reprogrammed as we speak and a helpful list
member let me borrow their stock ecu. It idles like a charm. A little more
loopy, but I like it more than the JWT ECU. That is until I get above 4K
then I hate it :-(

> given the ECU enough driving time to learn the car. This is in my '96
SE-R.

I also have a 96.  Joel

--- Joel & Viola Armstrong
    Walk by Faith not by Sight