Suspension adjustment

Ray Sta-Juana ray21578@earthlink.net
Sat, 4 May 2002 02:45:40 -0500

So here I am planning on attending the HPDE event in July and was wondering
on how to set up my suspension (Motivational CO's, Springs 350/250 F/R & GC
Camber plates) It's currently set to:

Camber = -2
Caster = +1
Toe    = 1/16 out

I have the ride height set at the point where it's high enough so that the
springs have *slight* compression under full droop, i.e. the springs don't
move around when I jack up the car. My question is, I want to lower my car
for the track, but I don't know how that would affect the rest of my
settings. I know it will give me more negative camber but how will affect
my toe, i.e. more toe in or out? Will it affect the left differently than
the right side? I was thinking maybe 1/2 inch - 1 inch lower or should I
just leave it alone? The rest of my suspension is stock if that makes any
difference. Thanx for any replies.

P.S. Oh and I'm running street tires, Dunlop W-10's, if that helps.

--- Ray Sta.Juana
--- 98 Sentra SE