JWT ECU w/S3s idle question

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Sat, 4 May 2002 00:33:28 -0500

"Eric Waterman" <sr20pwr@comcast.net> wrote:

> I just got my JWT ECU back from adding the S3 program. I've only driven to
> dinner and back (~5 miles round trip). When I push the clutch in, the idle
> drops to 500rpm, bounches back to around 1000rpm, drops back to ~700rpm,
then settles at 1100rpm. I have the base idle set at 800rpm, and
> timing is at 15 deg.

I have the same setup.  The key here is that the S3 program has a base idle of
950 RPM, so that's where you need to set your base idle.  Mine is set there
and my the idle is fairly good when the motor is warmed up.
When it is cold it dive bombs quite often, starting from 1500 RPM and then
dropping to 500 RPM or so.  I think this is due to a IAC valve issue, but I'm
not sure.

Tim Rogers
-'93 NX2000 T-top
-'91 NX2000 SCCA ITS racer-to-be