A/C warm when not moving

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Thu, 2 May 2002 13:08:45 -0500

Hello all,

Here is the deal. My A/C is not cold when the car is
stationary, like at a stop light. The A/C compressor
is on, but the air is not cold at all.

When I get moving, the air is nice and cold like it
used to be. I dread coming to red lights in the heat
now:-(

Recently, my stock fans went out on me, so I replaced
both of them with slim electric fans. They work
perfectly and always come on with the A/C on.

At idle, the compressor cycles on and off many times.
When driving, the A/C will be cold. I then come to a
red light and idle. After about 30 seconds, the
compressor will turn off.  After 30 more seconds, the
compressor will come back on but the air is still not
cold until I start to drive.

I replaced the compressor with a remanufactured unit 2
years ago along with a new drier. At that time, I also
replaced the expansion valve and inspected the
evaporator for clogging.  The evaporator was perfectly
clean.

By the way, this problem only came up recently since I
still drove the car with A/C on with the fans not
working. I am wondering if this caused anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

=====
Jay Whitely