QR25DE Spec-V development

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:10:40 -0500

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 01:26:47PM -0500, Maurice Hilarius wrote:

> Let's do the math, using my SpecV as the example:
> 157 + 20 = 177 whp

That's what we call Rice-Math, Mister Mag Racer.  Hot Shot's claim was
that their parts on a stock engine added 20 horsepower.  Who knows what
you're going to get with all of this stuff put together.  Maybe the cams
are really only worth 2 peak horsepower by themselves, but you have to
see the entire torque/power curves to make assessments like this.

> Bottom line:
> Without the original performance figures without mods on this car, it is
> hard to tell what they are gaining or not..

Absolutely.  Don't take offense to the rice-math comment, either.  If
you're going to be combative about HP claims (which are often bullshit,
just not generally from *these* companies), I reserve the right to call
your mathematics to the carpet. ;)

--
-=|JP|=- <- Tries really hard not to look like a Mag Racer, though he
            really is.

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |