QR25DE Spec-V development

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:02:56 -0500

Maurice Hilarius wrote:

> Let's do the math, using my SpecV as the example:
> 157 + 20 = 177 whp

Thats monkey math for sure!  You do realize that he said 20whp but
he didn't tell you where.  Did he say 20 Peak WHP?  Or just
20whp.  Most companies list the max hp gain they got with the
part.  Look at the dyno and you'll see many times the mod adds hp
after the power peak.  Sometimes alot more then at the power peak.
So at 6200 the header may have gained 20whp but at the HP peak of
5800 it may have only gained 10hp.  You can't just haphazardly take
HP gains listed and add them up.

I see people do this all the time it just makes me laugh.

RK