QR25DE Spec-V development

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:37:28 -0500

The balance shafts are good for 7-8 wheel hp on a
QR25DE.  Surprisingly the affect on NVH is minimal. I
drove a QR25 with no balance shafts and it was quite
hard to tell, except posibly at idle.  Without the
shafts the vibration was still better than a KA24DE.

Since the balance shafts spin at twice engine speed,
the bearing life on these could become an issue when
the car is raced.  So for racing use with a higher
than stock redline, There removal might be considered.

Mike