QR25DE Spec-V development

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:26:47 -0500

With regards to your message at 11:45 AM 4/29/02,
se-r-request@lists.deskmedia.com. Where you stated:
>From: mike kojima <choaderboy2@yahoo.com>
>Subject: QR25DE Spec-V development

>Just saw some dyno results from the testing of the
>lastest QR25 parts.

>The car did 175 wheel hp and 174 ft/lbs of torque with
>the prototype Hotshot header, JWT POP, stock exhaust,
>removed balance shafts and proto JWT cams and valve
>springs.  Other than that the engine is bone stock.

>The Spec-V is full of potential!

>Mike
True, but already this is contradictory to other claims they made.
For example:
I had my SpecV on a local shop dyno, and got 157 whp stock.
Then with the Jim Wolf POPcharger this went up to 166 whp
John at HotShot told me they got OVER 20hp gain at the wheels with just
their headers and a CAI.
Let's do the math, using my SpecV as the example:
157 + 20 = 177 whp
So, if Hotshot got  175whp, either the cams are not doing anything, or
perhaps they got a  lousy engine to start with.
Bottom line:
Without the original performance figures without mods on this car, it is
hard to tell what they are gaining or not..

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

Ask me about the UP1500 Alpha - Full systems from $3,500!