weird discovery Turbo..

Mike Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:26:41 -0500

Today I got a 96 Saab 900SE Turbo as a trade in at work...to look
at...wastegate solenoid was broken on the turbo. Uppon closer diagnosis I
noticed the flange on the Turbo is same as the T28 on the GTiR turbo, and the
Turbo is a Garrett also. I started to look for some specs on this turbo online
but didn't find anything. Some websites say its a TO4 and some say its a T3.
Its compressor housing is alot larger than the T25 or T3. Exhaust housing is
about the same as a T3. Its got a internal wastegate and seems to spin very
freely ( maybe ball bearing ?) anyways it looks like a cheap upgrade for
someone who wants to boost more than the T25 can handle if U can find one of
those cars in a yunk yard. Anyone know the specs on this turbo ? I can get the
#s off it pretty eassily. Its water cooled.
Mike Jez