fuel filter

Mike Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:08:21 -0500

Pick up a set of hose pilers from your local Sears or auto parts store. I
deal with these things on daily basis at the dealership I work at. Basically
get a set of regular pliers on the hoses, twist to break em loose and then
install these special hose plies that go between the hose and the
filter....squeeze the pliers and this will pry off the hose from the filter-
takes about 1 min to do the filter swap. I recomend U put a touch of grease
on the new filter fittings. This will helps U get the hose off next time its
time to change the filter. Recomended time frame is 15K miles to change em
suckers.
Mike Jez
Subaru/Isuzu/Hyundai technician, Chicago.