fuel filter

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:48:14 -0500

On 4/25/02 5:38 PM, "Jason Nicholson" <jasonsnicholson@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm no weakling and these things would not
> budge.  Anyone else have problems with this?  Any
> suggestions?

Been there, done that.

Usually what I do is get a large screwdriver between the hose and the filter
and pry upwards.  Pulling on the hose will just stretch it tighter and make
it harder to come off.  Twisting also helps while prying upwards.

Oh, hopefully your relieved the pressure first?  Start the engine, pull the
fuel pump fuse and let the engine die.  There'll still be fuel in the line,
so have a rag or something handy or you'll have a small mess.