Changing the Receiver/Drier - related AC question

David Pertuz davidpertuz@mindspring.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:37:42 -0500

My GF's '91 SE-R is now my car (since she doesn't need it any more) and
after I take care of the things it needs I am going to sell it to my uncle
in Atlanta, where AC is mandatory :) The car has been AC-less for a while,
after the previous owner removed the compressor after it failed.

I have another compressor and lines to install, but my question is this:

Will I need to do anything else to ths system (e.g. replace seals, etc.)
due to its having been "open" for a while. BY "open" I mean that there are
lines that have been open to the atmosphere, where air and moisture can get
in. I have no idea whether simply reinstalling the compressor and lines and
charging the system up will produce a working AC system. Any advice?

thanks,
david