Changing the Receiver/Drier

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 08:59:02 -0500

Darin Dux <ddux@vermeermfg.com> wrote:

>I'm not sure exactly which fitting you're referring to, but is it the joint
>between the two billet aluminum blocks bolted together?

Yes.  The block on the aluminum line mating to the aluminum top of the
receiver/dryer.

>If so, the parts do go together flat with the bolt tight.

Yeah, after I sent the message I checked it on my SE-R.  Crap.  Looks like I'm
going to have to pay someone for installation just to hook the damned thing
up.

>BTW, did you put a little mineral oil on the o-ring when you assembled the
>joint?

Yes, but perhaps not enough.  Grrrr.

I'm just stressing because I made a trip to Dallas last weekend without AC and
really suffered on the trip home with 90+ temps.  I have another trip to
Dallas tomorrow and don't want to deal with this.  Perhaps I'll just get it
charged in Dallas.

George Roffe