Emergency brake [was Re: Roll problem]

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:07:13 -0500

Christian Beaudry wrote:

> hadnt been changed) I thought id drive slowly and brake/slowdown using the
> hand brake and compression.

Snip:
> Well let me tell you, it just doesnt work. AT ALL. If you have
> anything over 10km/h the Hand brake wont do crap. it barely
> locks the rear wheels, it just drags.

Snip:
> So the only purpose it can be used for is parking :)

It will work quite well if the ebrake cable is adjusted properly.
A lot of time its too loose.  I found this the case with my B14.
My NX will lock the brakes up using the e-brake if you pull
up real hard.  The B14 wouldn't until I tightened the cable up.
In fact when I put Metal Masters out back thats how I bed them in.
Pull the ebrake.  They work pretty good.  Not as good as the
fronts but its something.

RK