Emergency brake [was Re: Roll problem]

Christian Beaudry christian.beaudry@TetraTec.qc.ca
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:18:52 -0500

Sounds like a plausible reason to call it an E-Brake !

But... the HAnd brake is totaly USELESS in an emergency situation.

Just the other day, I slap on some brand new Hawk HP+'s and had alot
of miles to do before being able to bed them correctly (since the rear pads
hadnt been changed) I thought id drive slowly and brake/slowdown using the
hand brake
and compression.

Well let me tell you, it just doesnt work. AT ALL. If you have anything over
10km/h
the Hand brake wont do crap. it barely locks the rear wheels, it just drags.

So the only purpose it can be used for is parking :)

Chris