help, the dealer is trying to rape me

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:58:18 -0500

 "Tom Mak" <tmak26b@snet.net> wrote:

> hey guys, I bought a 94 G20 with 126K a few weeks ago.  It had a valve
> ticking noise.
> They told me theres a
> lot of carbon build up in the valves area.  The intake and exhaust ports
> are barely opening and BOTH camshafts had been damaged.  THey want over 2500
dollars to fix everything.

Buy a $250 entire engine from a Japanese importer.
Then install just the head on your motor (should be easy to do in a weekend
with one person helping) or give it to a Nissan mechanic to install in one
day.
If you get a really good motor, you could just put the whole thing in your
car, but it would require a good "once over" first.

Tim Rogers
-'93 NX2000 T-top
-'91 NX2000 SCCA ITS racer-to-be
-'75 Silverado tow vehicle