Rusty A-pillar Questions

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 14:27:56 -0500

Brad Richards <richards@cs.vassar.edu> wrote:

>Both of my '93 SE-Rs have rust in the A-pillars between the hinges.

It's ugly.  Mine has it too.  I haven't decided if I'm going to cut out the
body panels and have new ones welded in, or if I'll have someone do a metal
patch.

>1) Do the early G20's have the same pillar rust problems that the classic
>SE-R's do?

Not that I've seen or read about.

>I get out to the NW to visit family on a regular basis, and had
>intended to shop out there for a G20.
   <snip>
>P.S.  If anybody in WA or OR has a '93-'96 G20 for sale, give me a
>holler.  I'd prefer something needing engine work and/or with high
>mileage.

I know of a nice manual gearbox P10 G20 for sale.  Nice Texas car.  No rust.
No, it's not mine. :-)

George Roffe
91 SE-R paperweight
91 G20 w/DET
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction