JWT S3/S4 Questions

COOKIE JARANILLA Jaranc@mail.lacera.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:37:37 -0500

Answers:

1)  Yes they will pass smog without adjustments.  Done it twice.
Measurements will be about =-2/3 of max allowable.  Key is to
keep the cat converter very hot.  And this is without any
adjustments from optimum hp settings.

2)  I do not know if anybody has the answer to this. But
use the scc shootout data as a reference for your
buying decision.  The revised S3/S4 program won't alter
the cams characteristics.
But here's a suggestion to the SoCal dyno days organizers.
Document mods list and dyno curves of all participants.  This
way we can compile data for the archives.  Should be able
to request the dyno files from R&D at the end of the day.

3)  S3/S4 program is set to idle at 950-1000 rpm.