What's the big deal with coilovers?!

Steve Obert obert@snet.net
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 21:03:10 -0500

The parts were measured 2 days ago, the spring seats on the AGX are in the
exact same location as stock struts.  The measurement was from the upper hub
mounting bolt to the spring seat.  That is the only measurement that would
affect the ride height.  The overall length of the strut only affects how
much travel you will have.

Note: High pressure gas struts have a spring rate of their own.  What it is
depends on the pressure of the gas in the strut.  That is why they go back
up when you push them down.  It is usually only a few pounds per inch.