cracked tranny

Jeffrey Viloria jviloria75@hotmail.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 03:38:25 -0500

Well it happened to me, I cracked my tranny.  I haven't taken a look at it
yet but the repair shop said that a pin came loose from the flywheel (JWT)
and may have caused the tranny to crack.  I talked to Jim (JWT) and he said
that if a pin came loose it shouldn't of caused the case to crack.  He did
mention something about the stock tranny being  too weak especially if the
motor mounts aren't upgraded, but I do have the solid motor mounts(JWT) and
a JWT clutch cover with stock disc.  I don't understand how this could of
happened, well maybe I do (ocassional hard driving), I don't even have any
major aftrmkt upgrades installed.  Just a K/N filter and GReddy exaust.  The
CAI and headers are tucked away in storage (my year to smog). Anyway, Jim
told me to contact sr20 development about a reinforced tranny but I can't
seem to find them on the web, would any of you power hungry fiens know how
to contact them.  Or know of any other options that I could explore besides
stock, cause if I'm gonna have to fork out $1000+ on this I really wanna
avoid going stock.  TIA.

jeff
92 S l e E p e R w/ 5th gear popout