Local Drag Race (long but good content)

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 22:22:23 -0500

Mike Jez wrote:

> have 141HP. Did the guy show U his engine at all ? They used to
> come with a Turbo 4 banger and can be made really quick for
> really cheap. I see em run

The first time I didn't thinkg anything of it.  And the 2nd
time I never saw him again.  The car sounded like it had
something done to it.  Other then just the exhaust he
claimed to have on it.  Don't get me wrong I walked him in
3rd.  And beat him by like 10 car lenghths once I
got traction.  But his car seemed to be quicker then the
few mods he said he had.  Whatever.

I forgot to mention that I was able to get some MPH
for the runs.  They tell me the track is about 200feet
short of a quarter mile.  In any case my fastest time thru
the cones was 105mph indicated.  Average was 100mph.  I
guess we'll have to wait until I get the car at real
track to see what times I'm running.

I'm hoping to get the car on a dyno soon.  Need to find
someone closer.

RK
--
Ray Kawski
1998 Sentra SE Turbo, 1991 NX 2000, 340K mile 1991 Sentra SE-R